Wednesday, December 15, 2010
I have just released WhoIsIt v1.2.2 to the Market. This version offers to ability to manually or automatically update your Facebook status when you change profiles.
Hopefully some people find this useful! :)
Monday, November 29, 2010
Basically, I designed Ringleader to provide the ability to have different "sound profile" settings for your applications. The purpose would be to assign certain appropriate ringtones / volume settings for different situations such as work, school, etc. Ringleader also provides a way to manage all of your application ringtones through one central screen. That is the basic functionality of Ringleader.
WhoIsIt on the other hand was designed to setup custom contact ringtones for phone calls, Gmail, SMS, and MMS. It also includes the ability to setup VIP contacts and adjust your volume and vibration settings within each profile (just like Ringleader).
The only thing that the two applications really have in common is the ability to setup profiles and control the volume and vibration settings for your phone.
I added the ability within WhoIsIt to switch your Ringleader profile when you switch your WhoIsIt profile. I did this to help any Ringleader users out there so that they did not need to adjust there WhoIsIt profile and then adjust their Ringleader profile. I just gave them the ability to automate things if they decide they need to do so.
I hope that helps explain the differences between Ringleader and WhoIsIt a bit better.
Here is the AppBrain link:
Thursday, November 18, 2010
- Ability to setup VIP contacts for Gmail, SMS, and MMS
- Allow VIP contacts to ring / notify for Gmail, SMS, and MMS even when in Silent mode
- Announce incoming caller and SMS/MMS sender
- Define different volume / vibration profiles
- Widget for easily switching profiles
- Tasker plugin
- Disable LEDs on a per-profile basis
- Ringleader integration
If you are interested, you can download WhoIsIt from the Market. Just search for "WhoIsIt" and you should find it.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Saturday, October 16, 2010
- Added logic to prevent orphaned ringtones\n\n-Fixed bug where ringtone description was not being properly assigned
- Fixed issue where profile settings were not being saved correctly when deleting a ringtone association
- Fixed FC issue when a ringtone was not selected through the ring picker
- Properly decoding filepaths (should resolve many FC issues)
- Added Clean MediaStore option to menu (useful if you are experiencing Force-Closes and need to start clean)
Saturday, October 9, 2010
If your Corporate Email ringtone settings do not appear to "stick" after this upgrade, please try the following:
- Delete the "RingLeader" folder on your SD Card.
- Clear your application data.
- Reboot your phone.
- Re-associate your ringtones with Ringleader.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
- You can now define multiple ringtone associations for applications like Gmail, Contacts, Alarms.
- I have added a ton of volume / vibration controls.
- Added the ability to remove ringtone associations.
- Bug fixes (hopefully gets rid of a lot of the force-close issues that have been reported)
- Ability to add ringtone descriptions (helpful for apps with multiple ringtones)
Please let me know your experiences with this new version!Also, if you run into any issues... You may want to try clearing your application data, deleting the "RingLeader" folder from your SD card, and then rebooting your phone. I have made a lot of changes, so if you are experiencing force-close issues you should consider doing this.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
- Force-close issue fixed with Gmail notifier (this may fix other force-close issues with 3rd party applications as well)
- Misc. Stability fixes
- Added "Ringleader Pro" market button to the "About" button (Ringleader Free)
Thursday, September 23, 2010
You may have to reset your system defaults if you are not given an option to choose Ringleader as your ringtone picker. To do this, go to your Android Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications and search for "Android System". Tap on "Android System" and then choose "Clear defaults". If you are using another application as your default ringtone picker, then you would need to clear that application's defaults instead.
Ringleader allows you to manage your application ringtones through one central screen. You can create multiple ringtone profiles (Home, Work, School) and define different ringtones for each application per profile. Ringleader also has the ability to set your ringtone and notification volume levels for each profile as well.
Ringleader free is ad-based and does not have as many features as Ringleader Pro.
Ringleader Pro offers the following extras:
- Widget (allows you too view your active profile and switch profiles)
- Tasker plug-in (I think it will work with Locale but I haven't tested)
I am planning on adding the following updates to Ringleader Pro in the future:
- Volume adjustments (like media volume) and vibrate modes
- Ability to set and switch contact ringtones
If you download and use Ringleader, please rate it and provide feedback so I can continue to improve this application.